Season 2, #20: Look Ma, No Pants!
In our Pants-less Polka-Pot Podcast episode, we discuss “polka pots,” blanket forts, and sitting around the closet with no pants.
Also explored in our pants-less discussion:
- Responding to racism, homophobia, transphobia, and sexism.
- Putting yourself out there and doing the right thing when all the hate doesn’t directly affect you.
- What to do about Houston – Or getting prepared for disaster with more than empathy.
- Performing, selfishness, and performing selfishness (Jenifer considers the purchase of a winter coat).
- Underpants-refusing toddlers and choosing your battles.
At Brazen BFF podcast, blog, & community, we help each other level up in work and life. If you want more out of your work or life, you have come to the right place!
Jenifer is having trouble dealing with bureaucracy (again). She gives herself a deadline of next week with Adriénne as her “obliger” helper/ outer accountability provider. – See Gretchen Rubin’s 4 Tendencies
Adriénne stood up to her insurance company, but not as strongly as she wished… Jenifer explains how winning cannot be the metric for self-advocacy.
Adriénne’s Brazen BFF’s are her dear friends Janet & David Grouchy…They are always striving to live richer, more creative & adventurous lives, they aren’t afraid to try and fail, and they follow their curiosities wherever they may lead them. All of these things are inspirational, but most importantly they are just good people who always welcome us in with love and no judgment.
Jenifer says her inspiration is Violet Strawderman, a former student who is kicking it in her first week as a college professor.
Better Living Resources/ Links mentioned in this episode:
- A shout out from Jenifer to the With Friends Like These podcast with Ana Marie Cox (on the Crooked Media Network)
- Matthieu Ricard and Happiness
- Krista Tippett’s On Being Podcast episode with Marie Catherine Bateson
- The book Composing a Life
We love you for listening!
Thank you for listening to “Look Ma, No Pants!”, Episode 20 of Brazen BFF Podcast.
Want to engage more? Here’s how:
- Join our FREE private Facebook group for everyday Brazen BFFs who want a supportive community for leveling up in work and life. We’d love to see you there!
- Enjoyed this episode? Share it with your friends! [social media buttons floating to the left or under the “Share This” arrow at the bottom if you’re on a mobile device].
- Any feedback? Please leave a note in the comments section below.
- Do you know an everyday woman with expertise to share with our audience? Are you one? Please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to every one of our listeners who takes the time to write us.
Special thanks for joining us. Until next time!
Do you need a communication coach?
Jenifer will create a safe space for you to rehearse the hard stuff – speaking up in meetings, negotiating a higher salary, making a presentation, or doing a job talk.
Do you need a website or a website re-design?
Adriénne can design & build your beautiful, functional, fully-customized website!
Copyright © 2016-2017 Brazen BFF
P.O. Box 6184 Norfolk, VA 23508
Follow us on Social Media: