Season 2, #19: Summer Sauciness
Summer is winning at both Adriénne’s & Jenifer’s homes. But these two everyday experts keep challenging one another to level up in work & life… with the usual fun & ferocity of their trusted friendship. This month, they look for the light at the end of the summer tunnel, in the form of travel plans for Adriénne’s krewe and school starting soon for Jenifer’s kids. They discuss parenting, professionalism, and the many things that inspire and comfort them in times of difficult transitions.
At Brazen BFF podcast, blog, & community, we help each other level up in work and life. If you want more out of your work or life, you have come to the right place!
In an effort to embrace her new homeschooling lifestyle, Adriénne planned a family vacation around the total solar eclipse, and also booked a house in Asheville, NC for a month when presented with attending two different weddings taking place there 3 weeks apart.
Jenifer took herself on a date!! She abolished negative self-talk, visited a consignment store (Sassy Fox), took herself to dinner, ordered the duck, took a walk, & went home after the kids were in bed to eat ice cream by herself & watch TV.
Take-away: Treat yourself the way you would expect to be treated by others on a date!!
Adriénne’s Brazen BFF is her husband Manoli – for his unconditional support. Also, Jenifer reminds us that it was Manoli who helped encourage the Brazen BFF friendship in the first place! Thanks, Manoli!
Jenifer calls out Neisha Himes – who started GROW foundation, a nonprofit organization that helps victims and survivors of domestic violence find the resources needed to lead a safe and productive life and the encouragement to believe they deserve to. She was the guest on Brazen BFF Podcast Episode #10: Beautiful Dizaster. She also introduced Jenifer, Adriénne, and her daughter Maia to the sport of boxing!
Level Up: Resources/ Links mentioned in this episode:
- Houston, Texas – despite what you’ve heard about it, a great city! Yes, there’s urban sprawl, but there are also many great walkable neighborhoods, with art, museums, affordable & diverse restaurants, and wonderful shops.
- Louisiana – Adriénne’s home state, full of fabulous food, beautiful trees, and interesting architecture.
- Total Solar Eclipse – August 21, 2017.
- Louisville Public Schools
- ODU’s Pretlow Planetarium
- The postpartum needs of new families.
- Being present in the moment (lifehack article about this here) vs. long-term thinking, especially with regard to parenting.
- Logic puzzles
- Gretchen Rubin’s book Better Than Before and Happier Podcast
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
- Louisville’s awesome Parks
- Norfolk International Airport
- Asheville, North Carolina
- TED talk on how to make hard choices
- Brazen BFF Podcast Episode #10: Beautiful Dizaster
- Neisha Himes’s GROW Foundation
We love you for listening!
Thank you for listening to “Summer Sauciness”, Episode 19 of Brazen BFF Podcast.
Want to engage more? Here’s how:
- Join our FREE private Facebook group for everyday Brazen BFFs who want a supportive community for leveling up in work and life. We’d love to see you there!
- Enjoyed this episode? Share it with your friends! [social media buttons floating to the left or under the “Share This” arrow at the bottom if you’re on a mobile device].
- Any feedback? Please leave a note in the comments section below.
- Do you know an everyday woman with expertise to share with our audience? Are you one? Please let us know by emailing email@example.com. We will reply to every one of our listeners who takes the time to write us.
Special thanks for joining us. Until next time!
Copyright © 2016-2017 Brazen BFF
P.O. Box 6184 Norfolk, VA 23508
Follow us on Social Media: