#15: Taking the Leap with Jacki Paolella
Our guest this month is everyday expert Jacki Paolella, a sound engineer/ producer/ composer/ musician. She shares the steps to her success, including following her passion to focus and dig in, taking the leap even though it’s risky and it’ll never be the right time, and the realization that when you’re starting your own business, YOU get to decide that you’re qualified!
- Made of Brass Moments — 1:30
- Forgotten Brass Moments — 25:45
- Contest announcement: win a FREE 60-minute communication coaching session with Jenifer! — 36:47
- Jacki’s story — 37:10
- Our Brazen BFF’s — 1:15:55
- Where to find Jacki– 1:24:25
- Where to find us — 1:25:40
At Brazen BFF podcast, blog, & community, we help each other level up in work and life. If you want more out of your work or life, you have come to the right place!
Sound engineer/ Producer/ Composer/ Musician
Jacki Paolella is an audio engineer, producer, composer, musician, instructor, and some may say entrepreneur, based in Norfolk, VA. Her work has been featured on the radio, on television, and in feature films. She also performs in synthpop trio DJP and MrT, shoe-gaze rock band Wyteshayds, and improv electronic group Frozen Window. Recently, Jacki, owner and operator of TAPTAP Recordings, has joined forces with Jay Braye of Radio Ready Recording to form a new iteration of Clay Garden Recording Studio in Norfolk.
Jacki expanded her recording studio and acquired a previously-established studio that is 4 times the size of her former one!
- Adriénne started a bullet journal – and has been reaping the benefits of tracking – with more decluttering, mindfulness, exercise, and sex!
- Jenifer quit her job!!! And she has a great idea for a new show, and might start performing again.
Jacki didn’t help a woman stay dry in the rain.
As a child, Jenifer didn’t help a fellow school-mate who had fallen down and hurt herself.
Adriénne has been slacking in her late-February activism… and perhaps is letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Jacki mentions J. Braye, her business partner at the new Clay Garden Recording Studio, and earlier in the podcast also mentioned Brad Rosenberg, who taught her the “burn your boat” concept from war, which it turns out can also be applied to creative living.
Adriénne’s Brazen BFF is her husband Manoli – co-parent/ best friend/ love/ fellow creative extraordinaire!
Jenifer calls out Adriénne for helping her with a big moving project… and all those people in the world who will come help out on a moment’s notice without expectation of reciprocation.
Better Living Resources/ Links mentioned in this episode:
- Lady Cheeky – **sexy pics on tumblr** – WARNING: the link is for mature eyes who want to see sexy pictures. Don’t follow it if that’s not what you’re after. If it is what you’re after, enjoy!
- The official bullet journal website and the bullet journal video that Jenifer mentioned watching.
- The article Adriénne used to help make her not-so-perfect bullet journal.
- Heather M. Bryant, the lithographer and printmaker at ODU who makes super artistic, beautiful works-of-art journals.
- The hard-decisions TED talk that helped Jenifer and Brian decide to take the new job in Louisville and move!
- The movie Jacki worked on – Art Show Bingo.
- Politics on Twitter: @angryWHStaffer, @RoguePOTUSStaff
- Political humorists: Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, John Oliver
- Brené Brown on living courageously and the one-inch-square exercise
- Podcast recommendation: Startup with Alex Blumberg
- The Coffee Tree, the new coffee shop in Norfolk, VA
We love you for listening!
Thank you for listening to “Taking the Leap”, Episode 15 of Brazen BFF Podcast.
Want to engage more? Here’s how:
- Join our FREE private Facebook group for everyday Brazen BFFs who want a supportive community for leveling up in work and life. We’d love to see you there!
- Enjoyed this episode? Share it with your friends! [social media buttons floating to the left or under the “Share This” arrow at the bottom if you’re on a mobile device].
- Any feedback? Please leave a note in the comments section below.
- Do you know an everyday woman with expertise to share with our audience? Are you one? Please let us know by emailing email@example.com. We will reply to every one of our listeners who takes the time to write us.
Special thanks for joining us. Until next time!
“You’re never going to be like, well, I’ve got this extra 30% of energy and money to spend on something. What’s it gonna be?”
“You can’t be comfortable when you’re leveling up… You’re not going to be comfortable doing the stretch. You’re stretching everything to the limit, basically.”
“Everything that I’ve done to get myself here was incredibly risky.”
Copyright © 2016-2017 Brazen BFF
P.O. Box 6184 Norfolk, VA 23508
Follow us on Social Media: